Pie with Toma'Muse tomatoes and onion
For the cake bottom:
- 250g flour
- 125g butter
- 50g crushed Gruyere
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- 120g butter
- 1kg sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1tl finely chopped rosemary
- 100g crushed Gruyere
- 500g Toma’Muse tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Pepper & salt
Type of dish
- Make the dough by mixing the flour, gruyere and butter. If necessary, add a little ice-cold water. Knead into a nice ball and wrap in cling film. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, stew the onion, garlic and rosemary on a low heat until nicely caramelised. Season with pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, roll out the dough for a cake tin of +- 25 cm.
- Place the dough in the greased baking tin and prick some holes in the bottom with a fork. Place baking paper above the dough and put baking pearls on it. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the baking beads and the baking paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle the crushed gruyere over the bottom of the tart, and top with the caramelised onion. Finish off with the halved tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow the tart to cool before removing it from the baking tin.
Recipe made by Pieter Coomans (Wingerd restaurant)