Mini tarte tatins with Toma'Chef
- 1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Toma’Chef tomatoes
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- black pepper from the mill
- fresh thyme
Type of dish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Halve the Toma’Chef tomatoes and put them in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water, the olive oil, a pinch of salt and the honey. Let it caramelize slightly but make sure the tomatoes keep their shape a bit.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out circles using a glass. Place the rounds of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spoon some of the caramelized tomatoes on top and seal the edges inwards. Season with some fresh pepper from the mill.
- Beat the egg and brush the edges of the dough with it using a brush.
- Bake the cakes in the oven for about 10 minutes until they are a nice golden brown. Serve with some fresh thyme.
Recipe made by Manon Macaron