Chutney with Toma'Gusto tomatoes and ginger
- 800 gr Toma’Gusto tomatoes, finely chopped (without skin and seeds)
- 2 chili peppers (without seeds)
- 2 shallots
- 15 gr peeled ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 gr cane sugar
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
Type of dish
- Place the chili peppers, shallots, ginger, garlic, cane sugar and white wine vinegar in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the tomatoes and mustard seeds.
- Let it simmer until you get a syrupy whole, season with salt and pepper. Let cool before use.
- You can easily store this chutney for 3 weeks in a closed jar in the refrigerator.
Recipe made by Pieter Coomans (Wingerd restaurant)